BACK | PD RIGHTS
permission will be required if:-
- The fence or wall is next to a 'highway' and will be over 1 metre in height or,
- Will be over 2 metres in height anywhere else.
- The fence is within the grounds of a Listed Building.
- Planning conditions prevent the erection of
fences (eg open-plan estates).
- The property is within an area covered by an Article 4 Direction.
A FENCE can include hedges and
trees, earth mounds and other means of enclosure.
Where a fence
is to be erected which could affect sight-lines or traffic safety in general,
it is advisable to check with the Council even though planning permission may
not be necessary.
"HIGHWAY” - includes all public
roads, footpaths, bridleways and byways.